We all have a story—and we want to hear yours! We invite you to send us your written submission by February 15 and take note of these audition dates for our very special performance of the 2013 St. Louis Listen To Your Mother (LTYM) Show, part of a national series of live readings celebrating all things motherhood.
Auditions will be held on TWO days:
Thursday, February 28, 7-9 p.m. and
Saturday, March 2, noon- 3 p.m.
At St. Luke’s Institute for Health Education
232 South Woods Mill Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017
- If it comes from your heart and is your original work, we want to hear from you.
- If you think your words will capture the attention of a mulit-generational audience, we want to hear from you.
- If you’re willing to stand on stage and read into a microphone in front of a room full of adoring fans who will clap for you and make you feel like a million bucks, we want to hear from you.
- If you want to share your story with 24 other cities via social media and touch the lives of many, we want to hear from you.
- If you aren’t sure about this whole thing, we still want to hear from you.
You can be a mom, a dad, a husband, an aunt, a sister, a brother, a friend, a neighbor, as long as you dig deep and write about something personal relating to motherhood, we want to hear your voice.
The good, the bad, the funny, the sad…
We want to laugh, we want to cry, we want to ponder, we want to sigh…
(And it doesn’t have to rhyme, I was just on a roll).
A few things to keep in mind:
- FIRST, we’d like an opportunity to review your story before we schedule auditions. So please send your contact information and written submission (in an attached document) by February 15 to Suzanne: LTYMSTL@gmail.com.
- On February 20, we will announce right here who is selected to audition.
- The show is only 90 minutes, so your piece should be an average of 5 to 7 minutes long when read aloud.
- One submission per person.
- Make St. Louis proud, and help us spread the word. Tell your family, friends, co-workers, social media connections, etc. about St. Louis LTYM.
- To give you a taste of readings from previous shows in other cities, watch this VIDEO or visit the show archives at our national website: listentoyourmothershow.com.
Please note there will be TWO shows on Saturday, May 11, 2013:
10 a.m.-noon AND 2 -4 p.m.
Readers must be available for BOTH times. So keep your calendar open. It’s gonna be a busy day!
Questions? Comments? Please email us at LTYMSTL@gmail.com.
We can’t wait to get this party started. So, start writing, and let your voice be heard.
See ya soon!